This is it. The wrap up of FY09, coming fresh to us Thursday July 23rd. I'll put this up a bit early in case there are any initial questions, thoughts, or insights regarding how FY09 is closing.
Some of my favorite places to track insights and opinions on MSFT quarterly results:
- Mr. Joe Wilcox over at Betanews.
- Mr. Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog at TechFlash.
- Mr. Joseph Tartakoff somewhere within paidContent.org
Topics I'm interested in:
- Description of efficiency so far and an enumeration of which groups are going to get Sinofsky'd.
- Assessment of further financial risk at the hands of the EU Commission.
- Oh, any more layoffs? If not, it would be wise for the SLT - for the sake of employee morale - to close the door on this now.
Given how negative Ballmer has been about the economic reset, I can't imagine any rosy picture painting just yet, even if Intel looks like it has bottomed out and Apple is frantically trying to create as many iPhones as it possibly can.